Co-designing of marketing and sales strategy unlocks Chinese market for a French Cosmetic brand
72 L’ESSENTIEL is a new brand dedicated to sell “Savon de Marseille” soap in China. All soaps are produced in France, then imported and distributed in China.
Within a short time and budget frame, 72 L’ESSENTIEL needed to:
- Register a Hong Kong Limited Company holding shares of a WFOE in Shanghai. This WFOE had to receive an import-export license;
- Effectively attract Chinese consumers who are usually looking for historic brands in the cosmetic field making new brand distribution a real challenge in the country;
- Targeting one major distributor without the product having any brand awareness. In addition to this, identifying small retailers to distribute to.
Innotek Asia Services:
Innotek Asia supported 72 L’ESSENTIEL in its global approach of the Chinese market through the following actions:
- Market study and product testing with potential customers;
- Legal set up of a Holding Co. in Hong Kong and a WFOE in China;
- Obtaining Import & Export Licenses;
- Offline Sales Strategy Development successfully locking one major distributor;
- Online Sales Strategy Development listing products on major online trading platforms.